If your child reaches 4 years of age before September the 1st then you can enrol them to start Primary School. To do this you need to contact the Local Authority (LA) and ensure that your admission form reaches them by their deadline date.
During the Spring Term prior to the September new school year, you will receive notification from the Local Authority about the school place your child has been allocated. Following this, we will write to you and explain about our induction sessions for all of the new Reception class children.
Before the end of July all of the children will be invited in for a series of sessions to allow them to become familiar with the school, the rest of the class and the adults that will be working with them. During this time we will also hold family information sessions where we can talk about the school and answer any concerns or queries that you may have.
Education Admission Appeals - 2021/22 academic year
Below is a guide to the dates and deadlines for admission appeals for the 2021/22 academic year. These dates are indicative and may be subject to minor amendment.
· Letters will be dispatched to parents including their “offer” for which school their children will attend on Friday 16 April 2021.
· The deadline for parents to lodge an appeal against the refusal of admission to a school will be 20 school days after the issue of the “offer” letters. This being Monday 17 May 2021.
· Any appeals lodged within this deadline must be heard 40 school days from Monday 17 May 2021, although the appeals code states that parents must also be given a minimum of 10 school days’ notice of their appeal hearing date. On this basis, it is planned for appeal hearings to start week commencing Monday 7 June 2021 with on time appeal applications being concluded by Monday 19 July 2021.
· In regard to appeal requests that have not been submitted by the deadline, every effort will be made to incorporate them among the other appeals for that school and they should be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals where this is possible, or within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged (whichever is the later).
· Applications for an appeal “in year” will be arranged within 30 school days.