Vision for English
At Lanesend Primary School, we want our children to be able to speak and write fluently in order to share their ideas, opinions and emotions with others. Children should read a wide range of books for pleasure, in order to develop culturally, emotionally, intellectually and socially. This will enable them to communicate confidently and effectively in writing and orally and support them to develop a love of learning throughout their life.
Characteristics of a Quality Writer
· A love of writing and an appreciation of its educational, cultural and entertainment values.
· The ability to write fluently and with interesting detail on a number of topics throughout the curriculum.
· A vivid imagination which makes readers engage with and enjoy their writing.
· A highly developed vocabulary and an excellent knowledge of writing techniques to extend details or description.
· Well-organised and structured writing, which includes a variety of sentence structures.
· Excellent transcription skills that ensure their writing is well presented and punctuated, spelled correctly and neat.
Expectations of a Quality Writer
· To present neatly
· To spell correctly
· To punctuate accurately
· To use sentences appropriately
· To write with purpose
· To use imaginative description
· To organise writing appropriately
· To use paragraphs
· To analyse writing
Aspirations for the Future
Writers can have future careers in the following jobs:
· Screen writer
· Video game writer
· Film Critic