Vision for RSE
Relationships and Sex Education (RSE) is lifelong learning about physical, moral and emotional development. It is about the understanding of the importance of stable and loving relationships, respect, love and care for family life. It involves acquiring information, developing skills and forming positive beliefs, values and attitudes.
At Lanesend, we believe the understanding of such values is integral to supporting and developing positive attitudes towards each other and ensuring positive emotional well-being. The aim of RSE is to provide balanced factual information about human reproduction, together with consideration of the broader emotional, ethical, religious, and moral dimensions of relationship. The curriculum and nature of RSE provides opportunities to introduce key vocabulary. Our intent is to build learners communication skills by increasing not only their vocabulary but also their ability to communicate effectively with others and express their views successfully. Our RSE programme aims to prepare learners for a successful, safe productive adult life.
Characteristics of a being able to have Quality Relationships
• They will value themselves and others
• They will acknowledge and appreciate difference and diversity
• They are able to make informed choices
• They understand what constitutes a safe and healthy lifestyle
• They have an understanding of how to form and maintaining relationships
Expectations of having Quality Relationships
• Show respect in order to create an environment where sensitive discussions can take place.
• To develop feelings of self-respect, confidence and empathy
Aspirations for the Future
If our children can show quality relationships, this builds a strong foundation to pursue any career or profession chosen by the individual