Vision for Geography
At Lanesend Primary School, we want our children to be fascinated about the world and the people who live in it. Their curiosity should last for the rest of their lives. Our children should know about the diversity of places, people and natural and human environments. They should also understand the physical and human processes of planet Earth.
Characteristics of a Quality Geographer
· A love of geography and a real sense of curiosity to find out about the world and the people who live there.
· An excellent knowledge of where places are and what they are like.
· An excellent understanding of the ways in which places are interdependent and interconnected and how much human and physical environments are interrelated.
· An extensive base of geographical knowledge and vocabulary.
· Highly developed and frequently utilised fieldwork and other geographical skills and techniques.
· The ability to express well-balanced opinions, rooted in very good knowledge and understanding about current and contemporary issues in society and the environment.
Expectations of a Quality Geographer
· To investigate places.
· To investigate patterns.
· To communicate using accurate geographical vocabulary.
Aspirations for the Future
Geographers can have future careers in the following jobs:
· Marine Biologist
“I like learning about different countries and how other countries survive”
“I enjoy learning about different cultures and looking at maps”