Short listed! RIBA IW Young Designers Award competition 2016
The brief for this year's award was to design a new use for Totland Pier. Our children came up with some very imaginative ideas.
Back to news page
Well done to Lorelai W, Year 4, who has been short listed! You will find Lorelai's model displayed in the exhibition at the Awards Ceremony on 20th May 2016 in the Royal Yacht Squadron.
Both Dolcie R's and Alfie D-L's models will also be displayed in the exhibition - well done!
Please see below the press release for the short listed entries for the Young Designers Award 2016.
• We received just under 400 entries for the 2016 Competition. This has more than doubled the entries from last year. We have been into schools by invitation this year to talk about and promote the competition and run creative workshops and found the children to be fantastically interested in the competition, and Architecture as a profession and what it entails.
• The judges were very impressed with the entries, and the ideas were inspiring, creative and captivating. The standard of the drawing work was far superior to last year's entries and the execution of the models and the materials used was fantastic.
• We had entries from the following schools: Lanesend Primary School, Godshill Primary, Ryde Fiveways, Ryde Junior School, Ryde Senior School, Christ The King and The Island Free School.
• It was very difficult for the judges to choose the winners from such a high standard of entries. However they have short listed entries in each category from which a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place along with some commendations will be announced at the “RIBA IW & IOW Society Awards 2016” Ceremony on Friday 20th May 2016 at The Royal Yacht Squadron, Cowes.
• Winners will be rewarded with bespoke medals designed for the Award.
• All short listed entries will receive 2 free tickets to the Awards Ceremony through the school. These will be passed to the representative collecting the models next week for distribution at school.
• Additional tickets to the awards ceremony can be purchased prior to the event by contacting Sean Macmillan on 07837876284, or email email@example.com